With the coming of this month, Rasulullah (SAW) used to make the following dua:
ALLAHUMA BAARIK LANAA FEE RAJAB WA SHA’BAAN WA BAL LIGHNAA ILAA RAMADAAN
“O’ Allah bless us in Rajab and Shabaan and make us reach Ramadhaan.”
It was in this month that Mi’raaj (physical ascension) took place and our Nabi (SAW) was given the gift of salaah.
Rajab is the seventh month of the Islamic Calendar.
The meaning of Rajab: The lexical definition of Rajaba is “to respect”, which is where the word Rajab has been derived from.
Events of Rajab:
– The Holy Prophet (SAW) ascended to the Heaven on the 27th of Rajab (Mi’raaj).
– Hadhrat Bilal Ibn Haritha (R.A) brought a congregation of four hundred men named Banu Muzeena in the presence of the Holy prophet (SAW). They all embraced Islam ad became followers of the Holy Prophet (SAW).
Deaths in Rajab:
– Imam Abu Hanifa (R.A) passed away on the 15th of Rajab 150 A.H.
– Imam Shafi’ee (R.A) passed away on the 14th Rajab 204 A.H.
– Imam Muslim (R.A) passed away on the 24th of Rajab 261 A.H.